Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Today we went to the Tsukiji Fish Market, and it was hands down one of the craziest experiences of my life. We left the house around 3:30am to go this thing, after which we almost got run over by millions of zooming fish salesmen on carts, among other things. Honestly, I can't possibly explain how bizarre it was with words, and it was too dark to get very many good photos. I'm hoping this photo of stuffed bear and petrified raccoon with say enough for me:



I'm leaving Japan in the morning. I can't really believe it. In some ways it seems like I just got here. I'll be getting on a bus at 9am Wed (7pm Tues for you Eastern Standard folks) beginning my journey home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right up there with the church service Alberta took you to in Cap?

colleen said...

Yes! Oh man, I had almost forgotten about that. Yes, it was on that level of craziness.

ck said...

i hope you're bringin me home a stuffed bear?

Anonymous said...

jess says: you should move to japan! i guess i'll hear what you really thought/how you feel about my precious homeland when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I just saw this on MSNBC right after reading your blog:
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/22/1756719.aspx